At Sammons & Berry, P.C. we work to get money for asbestos exposure victims in Tennessee and throughout the country. We walk you through the process of filing an asbestos trust fund claim so that you can get the money you deserve for the time you spent working around this toxic material.
Our team specializes in helping retired railroad workers and their families hold asbestos manufacturers responsible for the negative impact asbestos has had on their health. Whether you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma or another asbestos related disease, we want to hear from you.
Symptoms of asbestos-related diseases like mesothelioma and lung cancer don’t show up for many years after exposure. In fact, you may not have any signs of asbestos exposure until 10 to 40 years after you’ve been exposed. So, even if you have been retired for decades, you may just now be experiencing symptoms.
Despite knowing the material was hazardous, asbestos-product manufacturers continued to market and sell their products through the 1970s. It was greedy and wrong, and now they are paying for it. If you’re a retired railroader, who has been exposed to asbestos, you may be eligible for compensation. Noticing asbestos-exposure symptoms is the first step in getting the justice you deserve. Signs include:
- Difficulty breathing. Most people with asbestos exposure have lung and respiratory problems caused by breathing in asbestos particles. If you are short of breath or hear a crackling sound when you breathe, this could be a sign of respiratory problems caused by asbestos.
- Chest pain or coughing. Many affected patients describe their cough as “dry” or “wheezing.” Consistent coughing and chest tightness could be signs you have scarring from asbestos in your lungs. Smoking can make symptoms worse, but asbestos exposure could be the root cause.
- Pleural plaques. Your doctor may find thicker areas on the lining of your lungs in a normal X-ray or CT scan. This is a standard sign you’ve been affected by asbestos exposure. If it’s been at least 10 years since you’ve been exposed, you should get scanned every 3-5 years for signs of plagues and thickening.
- Digestive problems. In addition to lung and throat problems, asbestos exposure can cause harm to other major organs and processes in the body. Symptoms such as weight loss, loss of appetite, difficulty swallowing, abdominal pain, and bowel problems have also been associated with asbestos-related diseases.
- Wider fingers or toes. Finger “clubbing” is a common sign of asbestosis exposure and related diseases, such as lung cancer and asbestosis, due to increased pressure behind the nails.
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, make an appointment with your doctor. A diagnosis of an asbestos-related disease or cancer may make you eligible for compensation for your suffering and medical expenses. Such diagnoses include mesothelioma, asbestosis, lung cancer, throat or laryngeal cancer, and other diseases related to inflammation or scarring of the lungs.
Why should I work with a lawyer to file a trust fund claim?
Our experienced asbestos trust fund attorneys have decades of experience working with clients that have been exposed to asbestos. Our team has streamlined the process of applying for as many trusts as you qualify for to take the stress off of you. We will help you navigate the process of filing for these claims and handle all of the paperwork to make it as simple as possible. We only accept payment if we are able to get you a financial recovery.
Our team is dedicated to getting Money For Asbestos Exposure Victims in Tennessee and throughout the country.
Free Asbestos Exposure Consultation in United States
At Sammons & Berry, P.C. we offer a no-cost, no-obligation consultation, so you can discuss the facts of your case without paying for anything upfront. Asbestos trusts claims do not require a lawsuit, depositions, or courtrooms. The process is simple and easy for the client and should not require any stressful legal confrontations for the client. The law firm handles all of the claims for the client, helping you maximize your compensation.
We do not accept any payments from our clients until they receive compensation. We charge on a contingent fee basis, which means you pay a percentage of what you get paid in your claim. If we are unable to collect anything for you, there is no cost to you.
Call (800) 519-1440 to speak with a Sammons and Berry, P.C. representative and start your journey towards compensation.
Wrongful Death Claims For Families of Asbestos Victims
If you have lost someone in your family due to the harmful exposure of asbestos, you may be entitled to compensation. If you can provide the work history and a death certificate for your loved one, our attorneys can help you file an asbestos claim. We understand how difficult this process can be, this is why we work with you every step of the way to help you get the money you deserve. Reach out to our team today to learn more about filing a claim for a family member.